Business cases are published works licensed for use directly from the publishers and thus are treated differently than other content. Copyright permissions or licensing agreements need to be purchased for each individual who will be using a case.
Due to copyright restrictions, print copies of business cases cannot be:
- Placed on library reserve for students to access.
- Purchased by the library for its collection.
- Photocopied or digitized and disseminated to students. Each student must purchase a copy.
- Digitized and posted to Blackboard.
- Harvard Business School Cases - EBSCOHost's Business Source Elite provides abstracts only (not full-text) to HBS cases. Full text access is available for purchase directly from the Harvard Business School store.
Harvard Business Review Notice of Use Restrictions, May 2009
Harvard Business Review and Harvard Business Publishing Newsletter content on EBSCOhost is licensed for the private individual use of authorized EBSCOhost users. It is not intended for use as assigned course material in academic institutions nor as corporate learning or training materials in businesses. Academic licensees may not use this content in electronic reserves, electronic course packs, persistent linking from syllabi or by any other means of incorporating the content into course resources. Business licensees may not host this content on learning management systems or use persistent linking or other means to incorporate the content into learning management systems.
Harvard Business Publishing will be pleased to grant permission to make this content available through such means. For rates and permission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.