The Tutoring Services Admin Office, The Tutoring Center, The Writing Center, & Math Tutoring,
Writing Center & Tutoring Services Admin Office
- 224 Hammermill Library houses the centralized administrative office for the Writing Center and the Tutoring Center.
- Hours are posted on the inner door (the outer door should remain open).
- The office is where all tutors/writing consultants go to fill out hiring paperwork.
- Both the Writing Center and Tutoring Center Graduate Assistants hold hours in the office.
The Tutoring Center
- Peer tutoring is content tutor for specific courses: e.g., RLST 100.
- Tutors focus on the content of the course
- Tutors and Tutees meet in the Library wherever they can find an open place
- Students request a tutor by going to the Tutoring Center’s page on the My.Mercyhurst Portal. The easiest way to get there is to go to http://tutoring.mercyhurst.edu.
- Justin Ross is the Director of the Tutoring Center
- Tutoring has its own email: email@example.com Students can direct questions to email the Tutoring Center at this address.
- Writing Center provides consulting on student papers for ANY class
- If a student is looking for help with a paper for RLST 100, the student should go to the Writing Center
- If a student is looking for help with the content of RLST 100, the student should request a tutor through the Tutoring Center
- Students can sign up for a writing consultation session at the podium near the door of the Writing Center
- Tutoring for the math courses listed below is held in four, 2-hour sessions in Zurn 213:
- Math 111, 112, 118, 170, 171
- Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6 pm to 8 pm in Zurn 213
- Dr. Roger Griffiths is the coordinator for Math Tutoring:
- Students may go to this website for more information: http://math.mercyhurst.edu/~griff/courses/Tutoring/
- The Tutoring Center provides tutors for STAT classes and for MATH 110