Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
M-Th 7:30am – 12am
Fri 7:30am – 9pm
Sat 9am - 6pm
Sun 12pm - 12am
M-Th 7:45am – 6pm
Fri 7:45am – 4pm
Sun 12pm - 6pm
Locations & Hours
Hammermill Library is located at 501 E 38th St
Hammermill Library Hours
Ridge Library is located at 16 W. Division St. North East
Ridge Library Hours
For Research Help
Hammermill Library Circulation & Reserve Desk:
Ridge Library Circulation & Reserve Desk:
The Mercyhurst University Libraries includes the Hammermill Library on the main campus and the Tom and Michelle Ridge Library at the McAuley College of Associate Degree Studies, headquartered at Mercyhurst North East, which is one of the area's leading providers of career training.
Things You Should Know about the Library
- Your Student ID works as your library card.
- Databases provide access to thousands of online journals, newspapers, books, reports, and data sets that are not freely available on the web. When connecting to databases while off campus, you will be prompted to type in your Mercyhurst Username and Password.
- Research help is available in-person or online.
- Connect to the wireless network by using your Mercyhurst username and password.
- Online subject guides will help you connect to resources related to your topic.
- Most books can be borrowed for 28 days. You can renew books through My Account in the library's catalog.
- Books can be returned at the circluation desk when the library is open or outside in the library dropbox when the library is closed.
The Library, Floor-by-Floor
- L-100(24 Desktops- Edit and View)
- Circulation Desk & Reserve Desk
- Printers and copiers
- 13 Desktops (view only)
- General Study Areas
- Reference Materials
- L-225 Projector only no computers
- Musical Scores
- Writing Center
- Collaboration Room
- General study Areas
- L-325 language lab (18 Desktops- Edit and View)
- Hammermill Stacks A to QA 135.6
- Music CD's
- Curriculum Collection
- Oversize Collection
- 4 sit down desktops-Edit and View
- 1 standup desktop- View only
3R Weber Hall & Walker Reading Room
- 16 Desktop Computers View and Edit
- 1 Printer located in the Journals Area
- General Study Areas
- Walker reading room quiet study
- Hammermill Stacks QA 135.6 B49 to ZA
- 26 computers available for student access
- Computer Lab- 28 computers
- Wireless internet access for laptop users
- 2 DocuCenter printer/copier units as well as 2 flatbed scanners.
- Group Study Rooms, Great Room