Full-time faculty may check out most circulating materials for 60 days—video recordings and reserve materials are exceptions. Items charged to adjunct faculty will be due by the end of the term. In most instances, materials may be renewed as long as no other patrons have placed a hold on them.
If a faculty member has any items more than one year overdue (90 days for adjunct faculty), their library privileges will be blocked and they will be billed for replacement of the item.
Faculty are only charged overdue fines for items borrowed through the interlibrary loan services. These charges are $0.20 per day.
All circulation notices are sent electronically to faculty members’ Mercyhurst email accounts.
If a faculty or staff member wishes to have their student assistant or graduate assistant check out library items on their behalf, the following procedures must be followed:
1. The employee must submit, in writing, a list of students authorized to check items out for them. A printable form letter is available on the library’s web site or at the Circulation Desk.
2. A copy of this letter will be kept at the Circulation Desk.
3. The student must present both their and the employee’s ID.
4. The library staff will check the file of letters to make sure that the student has been authorized to check out items on an employee’s account.
5. Once verified, the items will be charged to the employee’s account and the employee assumes responsibility for all materials.
The list of authorized students will remain in force for the current academic year. Faculty or staff must inform the library of any changes by submitting an updated letter.