The Hammermill and Ridge Libraries seek to provide effective and adequate assessment for each information literacy instruction session taught. Each class is asked to fill out an assessment/evaluation form either in print or electronically in order to measure learning outcomes from each session and ensure accountability and quality.
Assessment is essential for the following reasons:
- Monitor effectiveness for accountability
- Better identify instructional practices
- Evaluate the effectiveness of instructional practices
- Measure student achievement: how much they know
- Evaluate students' mastery of skills: What they can do.
Association of College and Research Libraries, Teaching & Learning, (July 2017)