Your Interview Checklist:
1. Research company and position prior to interview appointment. Learn about the company and the job you are applying for.
2. Know your self and your skills.
3. Practice: Arrange for a mock interview in the Career Center or practice with a friend or family member, or by yourself in front of a mirror.
4. Anticipate questions and showcase your skills.
5. Be on time and be prepared. Arrive at least 10 minutes early. Bring extra copies of your resume, references, and samples of your work if applicable.
6. Act and present a professional image. Dress, grooming and firm handshake.
7. Be concise and complete, but brief in answering questions. Stay focused.
8. Maintain good eye contact and good posture.
9. Learn names.
10. Ask questions. Follow up with a thank-you note.